COVERS BY DRE

Tuesday 28 February 2017

Hi guys, 
(can't remember the last time that I posted such a bright photo, lol)

After posting a question on my Instagram story about sharing my covers from the past, I got so many messages with loads of encouragement, so I decided to give it a go! Just so you know, I looove getting messages, so always text me when you want to say or ask something! 

HOW DID IT ALL STARTED ?

I grew up in a small city in Lithuania where everyone knew each other. I was lucky to go to this amazing school that also had a music programme (basically, you finish a music school along with just primary school). I hated it. Every day. I had to sing in choir and play guitar..not to mention actually learn stuff about music. But when it ended - everything changed. I started catching myself singing and actually enjoying it and later I started playing my guitar because I wanted to, not because I was forced to! My friend Brigita started encouraging me to sing to her and then she showed me this band the Neighbourhood and said that this would be a great song for a cover. I don't know what happened, but I just knew that I wanted to sing from the moment I heard that song. Everything started with this innocent Instagram video: https://instagram.com/p/jW4-I3lou1/
Like I said, everyone knew each other, so I found this amazing video maker and talked to my friends  from my primary school who liked to make music and...my cover journey began in just few days ! 

This was the song that inspired me and I remember the reactions I got after I performed it live with this band at Snowball camp... Sooo many people told me they got goosebumps, which made me want to sing more and more! It took us ages to record and I could probably say that this is the worst version of it, but it's still something...

Then this one was made for Brigita's birthday (the guy in this video is her boyfriend now, but they didn't know each other before me, so yeah, it was a good birthday present to her ;) ). I made this cover really quickly and I had a purulent tonsillitis (pūlinė angina liet.) at that time, however it didn't stop me from trying my best!

Then we made this one just randomly one Sunday (I hate Sundays!). I used to always sing in my car (especially rap haha), so this one really shows the real me and music that I like. 

This one was probably the hardest one because we did it in just few days and it is actually a song by a band that is from our hometown Siauliai!

This one might be a bit weird for my international followers, but it's super touching if you understand Lithuanian! This local rapper contacted me saying that he wants to do something together and well...you can hear the result!

This one too!

And this one was the only cover made by another video maker because mine was sick at that time :(! I still love it and it's sooo christmasy! I had my friends with me while we were filming it and it just brings back so many memories from these days! My dad loved this one so much that he listens to it in his car (I always blush..).

There were so many more songs that I did, but didn't have them recorded and I regret it sooo much. Singing was never a dream, it was just a passion. It still is, however I didn't manage to find anyone in my town to play for me!:( However, if you write songs or just lyrics (or know someone!) and want to turn them into actual songs - email me or something, because I am looking for something original to record when I'm back home! Hope you enjoyed and always let me know, it means a lot! 

Dre x

No comments:

Post a Comment